Officially.. Conditions and prices for converting a tourist visa into residence in the Emirates

Conditions and prices for converting a tourist visa into residence in the Emirates, Many young men of both sexes are becoming interested in the residence procedures that are available in the UAE. This is especially true for those young men who have visited the country on a tourist visa, found a job opportunity that is a good match for their skills, and wanted to apply to convert their tourist visa into a residency visa.

Read also : An important statement regarding the launch of 6 initiatives from the Dubai Residency

According to the new laws, which allow a period of 30 days for residents of the Emirates in the event that the visa period is exceeded without renewal, then the country will leave or the status of them and their sponsored persons will be renewed, he is curious about the prices of visas and the conditions that must be met in order to obtain a residency visa in the UAE. The new laws have been implemented in accordance with the new laws. In accordance with Ministerial Resolution No. 377 of 2014, anyone who are in possession of any form of visa, be it a work entrance permit, a tourist visa, or a residency permit, are eligible to apply for it.

The distinction between an entry permit and a residence visa is the first thing that has to be discussed before we can move on to discussing the processes involved in converting a tourist visa into a permanent residence in the United Arab Emirates.

What exactly is a permission to enter?

It is an official document that has been issued by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs. According to this document, foreign nationals are granted permission to enter the territory of the country legally, for a given amount of time, and for a particular reason. Paper or an electronic document can be found here depending on your preference.

Different kinds of permission to enter

permission to enter and work in the country for a term of two months "The sponsor is required, during this period, to change the status of the employee to a residence visa. If this change is not made during the period of validity of the permit, then he is required to leave the country at the end of the entry permit period in order to avoid fines and any other legal consequences. "

  • A permission slip to enter for a family visit.
  • A permit to enter the country for the purpose of tourist or transit for a period of four days.
  • A permission to enter for treatment.
  • The authorization to embark on a task.
  • Permission to enter a conference in order to participate.

Penalties for expired entry permits

Note: As of the 21st of October, 2018, it is now allowed to request an extension of visiting and tourist visas and entry permits of any sort (long or short) for a period of 30 days, but only for a maximum of two times, regardless of the primary duration of the original visa, and without having to leave the UAE. This extension can be requested for a maximum of two times.

The fine for failing to leave the country after the entry permit or visa has expired is one hundred dirhams for each day that the departure is delayed. This fine is levied ten days after the expiration of the admission permit or visa.

converting a tourist visa into residence in the Emirates
Emirates visa

Residence visa

Only after entering the United Arab Emirates (UAE) through one of the several forms of entry permits that are provided by the state is a residency visa issued to an expatriate or a foreigner. Only sponsors who are in compliance with the standards set forth by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs are eligible to submit an application for a residence visa on behalf of an expatriate who is under their sponsorship and who intends to continue working or living in the country.

The person who is being sponsored for a residence visa is required to go through a medical exam and demonstrate that they are physically fit, in addition to passing a security check conducted by the Ministry of the Interior and any other relevant agencies. The length of time that a certain type of residence visa is valid for varies depending on the entity that is sponsoring the applicant. There is a possibility that it will last for one year, two years, or even three years.

After that, the residence visa is affixed to the passport of the person who was sponsored, allowing him to reside in the country and travel to and from the country during the validity period of the visa, provided that the travel period does not exceed six months, in which case the residence visa will be automatically cancelled.

The regulations of the country determine the length of time that a tourist can stay on their visa.

  • Short-term visa: valid for up to 30 days, with either a single or multiple entrance option, which must be specified at the beginning of the process.
  • Long-term visas are issued for a duration of ninety days and can have either a single or multiple entries, depending on what the applicant requests at the beginning of the process.
  • Tourist visas can be obtained from hotels, airlines, government commanding offices, and travel agencies.

It is important to note that the costs associated with acquiring a tourist visa change depending on the type of visa being sought. Additionally, the holder of a tourist visa has a grace period of thirty days following the expiration of their visa in which they can either renew their visa, leave the country and come back, or pay a fee of six hundred dirhams as an alternative to leaving the country. The bearer of a tourist visa is prohibited from working in any industry, and both he and the company he is employed by will be subject to hefty fines and infractions, in addition to being expelled from the United States and sent to another nation.

Conditions that must be met in order to convert a UAE tourist visa into a residence visa

  • The imperative nature of implementing the change in time for it to take effect before the duration of the tourist visa runs out.
  • The passport's expiration date must be at least six months in the future.
  • having a written employment agreement in place.
  • The sponsorship has been transferred from the tourist sponsor to the institution or company.
  • As an option to walking away, a payment of 600 dirhams is accepted.
  • A current photograph of the subject's own face, on a white background.
  • The applicant for employment must be at least 18 years old in order to be considered for the position.
  • When submitting the application to convert a visa to a work permit, the sponsor's licence must be current and free of any violations in order for the applicant to be considered.
  • You are required to pay a fee of 3,600 AED to have your visa issued.

The process of applying for a work permit in the UAE

Residency is required in order to work or live in the United Arab Emirates for all expatriates, with the exception of citizens of countries that are members of the Gulf Cooperation Council. Residency is also necessary in order to obtain many essential services, such as opening a bank account or obtaining a driver's licence, amongst other things.

The first step in the process of changing a visit visa into a resident visa for the United Arab Emirates in 2020 is to obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization. This permit allows its holder to enter the UAE for the purpose of working, and it is valid for a period of two months beginning on the date it was issued.

After that, the employer is responsible for making the necessary arrangements for the worker to obtain residency in the country within sixty days. These arrangements include a medical exam, the acquisition of a resident ID card, a labour card, and the stamping of a residence visa on the worker's passport. This stamp serves as evidence that the worker resides in the country under the sponsorship of the organisation for which he works. When a worker has obtained residency in a country, he or she then has the ability to bring family members to that country permanently, such as bringing a spouse and children to the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Join Telegram channel