How to get a New smart driving licence e-card by RTA Dubai
Have you forgotten your driver's licence at home, Dubai? A new feature of the RTA allows some drivers to obtain an e-card in as few as two clicks.
Read also : United Arab Emirates: Up to Dh5,000 fine for owners of some vehicles
Do you remember the feeling of sheer terror you'd get when you'd suddenly find you'd driven off to the Sheikh Zayed Road without your driver's licence? Those times are long gone because driving licences now come in digital formats that can be accessed with relative ease.
New driving licence e-card by RTA
On Thursday, Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) reminded locals that they may upload a copy of their driving licence to their Apple wallets.
The majority of drivers in the city do, in fact, maintain a photo of their driver's licences on their mobile devices, while some save the digital card in their files in some other location. The majority of locals keep a copy of their driver's licences and other identification documents in this manner, just in case the originals are misplaced.
The addition of a digital card to the iPhone wallet, on the other hand, makes gaining access much simpler. To access the e-wallet on an iPhone, one will only need to double-click the side button. Once the e-wallet is open, the licence will appear with the other cards in the wallet.
The following is the process that must be followed in order to add licences to this iPhone feature:
- Download and launch the RTA mobile application.
- If this is your first time using the app, you will need to create an account and link your traffic files (such as your driver's licence or car licence) to the app before you can start using it.
- You'll notice five buttons or icons at the very bottom of the app's home screen. Select the one that says "My Docs" to access your saved documents.
- Once you have done so, select the "My Licence" page, and there you will see an electronic copy of the card.
- There is a large button that reads "Add to Apple Wallet" that may be found directly below the card. If you choose this menu item, your licence will be placed in your digital wallet immediately afterward.
In addition to having the ability to do so with your driver's licence, you also have the option of doing so with your vehicle licence. However, at the time, only people who use Apple products may take advantage of this capability.