The RTA in Dubai has launched a service for obtaining a driving licence in two hours
The Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA) has introduced a new service that will significantly shorten the time needed to get a driver's licence.
Read also : urgent.. The emirates announces the enforcement of corporate tax to individuals
The authority boasted on Twitter that "under the new service offering," drivers' licences and vehicle registration cards may be supplied to residents of Dubai within two hours and in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah the next day.
"Package forwarding to international customers is now available."
Visit the RTA's website
For further information, motorists can visit the RTA's website.
Residents of Dubai were made aware last month of the Golden Chance process, which allows for licence conversion without additional driving instruction.
Drivers whose licences are not readily convertible to UAE certificates may be interested in the promotion.
Costing Dh2,200 ($599), the golden chance exam includes both the written and driving portions of the driving licence process.
Those who don't pass the exam the first time around have to study for it.
The UAE's driving regulations
Anyone over the age of 16 and in good physical health can apply for a learner's permit and eventually a driver's licence in any country. Different types of vehicles have different minimum ages for receiving a driver's licence. The following is a list of vehicle categories along with their respective minimum ages for operation:
- Licences to operate bicycles and motor vehicles can be obtained by motivated individuals at the age of 17.
- One must be 18 years old to get a licence to operate an automobile or other light vehicle.
- The minimum age to operate large vehicles and tractors is 20 years.
- The minimum age for obtaining a bus driver's licence is 21.
What you need and how to get it: a UAE driver's licence
- Passport/Visa/Work Permit Copies.
- A valid government-issued photo ID (and a copy).
- Two images.
- eye doctor's report.
- If the local traffic authority requests it, the sponsor might provide a "no objection certificate".