Information regarding the UAE's rescue of Sham and her brother Omar.. Humanity's Emirates

The Syrian girl Sham, nine years old, and her brother Omar, twelve, along with six members of their family, arrived in order to obtain appropriate treatment in Burjeel Medical City. This was done in accordance with the directives of Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation, Honorary Chairwoman of the Emirates Red Crescent Authority (Mother of the Emirates).

Read also : For all UAE residents, your appointment is March 2nd

What became of the two siblings, Sham and Omar?

As a direct result of the horrific earthquake that devastated Syria and Turkey few weeks ago, the two toddlers had spent a total of 46 hours buried beneath the debris.

Important directives to care people injured in the earthquake inside the Emirates

During their time in the country, Her Highness Sheikha Fatima oversaw the treatment of a number of injured people who were already inside the country as well as the delivery of the highest possible standards of medical care to those individuals.

The catastrophic collapse of the structure that Sham and her family called home left a lot of property damaged.

According to what Bashar Aliq, the cousin of the injured and the husband of their older sister said, Sham Sheikh Muhammad was living with her family on the ground floor of a 5-story building that collapsed immediately after the first earthquake. The neighbouring buildings also collapsed, and huge piles of rubble piled up on the house, which made it difficult to access the home. Bashar Aliq is the husband of their older sister. As a result of the piling of rubble within the structure, Sham and her family were trapped under it for approximately 46 hours. Those who survived the collapse of the building were able to rescue them.

Condition of Sham's health after being pulled from the wreckage of the building

Everyone was taken to the hospital as the personnel from civil defence began to step up their searches for anyone who might have been missing. When the physicians were getting ready to amputate Omar's leg, things began to become clear regarding the situation of both Omar and Sham's health. His grandfather insisted on standing his ground and asked that they be transferred to a private hospital. The physicians exerted a lot of effort to save Omar and put a stop to the amputation, and they informed the other doctors that the subsequent procedure would take place while they were doing it. Repairing the foot and preventing amputation in 80 percent of the cases.

Both Sham and her brother Omar were taken to Turkey from their home country of Syria.

The state of Sham's health received attention from all of the media, and the medical professionals in Syria were of the opinion that she was in a very precarious situation. After that, the Turkish Ministry of Health and the Syrian Ministry of Health coordinated to make the transfer, and Sham was taken there. After they arrived in Antioch, she was examined, and then she was transferred to Adana, where there was severe crowding in the hospital, especially in the orthopaedic department, due to the increase in the numbers of earthquake victims. After that, they were transferred to Istanbul, where the wounds and other operations were cleaned, but they explained the need for amputations, and her father did not agree to the amputation.
The hospital where he went after declining the amputation offered.

transfer from Turkey to the United Arab Emirates

The hospital in Istanbul made the request for Sham and her brother to be relocated to Syria or to any other nation that was willing to provide care for her, and the UAE complied with this request.
The Emirati consul made an emergency trip to the hospital and made sure that everything was in order to take Sham, her brother, and the rest of her family to the UAE for medical care. Indeed, the Emirates Red Crescent and Burjeel Hospital contributed a private aeroplane to the relief effort. The medical crew, which consisted of physicians and paramedics, departed from the capital of Turkey on a private plane to embark on a mission that would last for a total of 12 hours. Turkey, on Tuesday evening, and arrived in Abu Dhabi together with the patients the next morning.

Both Sham and her brother Omar are currently undergoing treatment at Burjeel Medical City in the United Arab Emirates.

As soon as the youngster, Sham, as well as her brother, arrived in the Emirates, and their relatives, they were immediately taken to Burjeel Medical City, which is located in Mohammed bin Zayed City, and the required lodging was given for the escorts.

Both the newborn Sham and her older sibling Omar are currently receiving first-rate medical attention at the Burjeel Medical City in Abu Dhabi. Following an emergency procedure, which will be followed by other surgeries.

Join Telegram channel