step-by-step instructions on how to installment traffic penalties in the Emirates
The installation of traffic infractions is one of the most important systems that has been developed by the Traffic Directorate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). This system assists drivers in installing the traffic violations that have been registered against them, by allowing them to pay the total amount owed in equal amounts that are suited for his financial capabilities.
Read also : Emirates Airlines recommends these tips for Eid family travel comfortable
The Directorate affirms that it does not impose any further interest or profits on the total amount of the violation, and that this is done solely for the convenience of citizens and residents, as well as to ameliorate any negative effects that may have been caused. Following this, we will walk you through, step by step, the process of making installment payments for traffic offences in the Emirates.
She also mentioned that one of the prerequisites for taking advantage of this service is having a credit card that was issued by one of the financial institutions that has a working relationship with the Abu Dhabi Police Department. These financial institutions include the National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Emirates Islamic, Mashreq, Abu Dhabi Commercial, and Abu Dhabi Islamic.
In order to qualify for payment in installments, there must be at least two violations, the total cost of which must be greater than 2,000 dirhams, and the period of time must be at least one year.
And Law No. 5 of 2020 governing the seizure of automobiles in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi provides that the fines must be paid in the event that the value of traffic fines imposed on a vehicle is greater than the sum of 7,000 dirhams. If the fines are not paid, the vehicle will be held until all fines are paid in full.
Approved banks to pay traffic fines in the UAE
- Dubai Islamic
- Bank International Commercial
- Bank Standard Chartered
- Bank Finance House
- Company Emirates NBD
- Bank Abu Dhabi Commercial
- Bank First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- International Commercial Bank
how to installment traffic penalties in the Emirates
- Follow this link to access the website for the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Interior (moi.gov.ae).
- Select the option to Start the Service.
- Provide the traffic code, licence plate information, information about your driver's licence, and the Emirates ID number.
- To learn more about the specifics of the traffic infringement, click the Details button.
- Pick the amount of the fine that you want to pay or opt to make payments over time.
- To pay the traffic fee, navigate to the following page, which will take you to an online payment site, and then click "Continue."
- To finish the payment procedure, click the "OK" button.
- Enter the information for the credit card, and then click the Pay button.
- Once the transaction is finished, the payment receipt will be displayed in front of you on the screen. It will include the specifics of the transaction as well as the receipt number, and you will be able to print it.
- If you want to take advantage of the installment offer, you will need to pick the equation list and then click on the eligible transactions or the easy payment plans that are made available by the linked bank. Only then will you be able to take advantage of the offer.